Workshop on Linking Health Systems and Health Innovation
April 6 – April 7 2009
This international workshop will be held at The Open University in Milton Keynes in Rooms 12 & 13 of the Chambers Building.
Maps and directions to the venue can be found on the Open University website.
For additional information about this event, please contact Dr Julius Mugwagwa, ESRC Innogen Centre, Open University
About the Workshop:
The broad aim of this workshop is to encourage further critical debate and analysis of the link between Product Development Partnerships (PDPs) and health systems.
Through keynote presentations and plenary dicussion, we aim to:
- Bring further understanding of health innovation approaches
- Identify the tools required for effective and sustainable delivery of these innovations on the ground.
Discussions will focus on the links between these two strands and the implications these links could have on health systems strengthening around the world.
Questions to consider include:
- Is there a shift from isolated product development chains to linked health innovation systems?
- How can Product Development Partnerships contribute to strengthening health systems?
- What are the trade offs required for this contribution?
The workshop will include keynote presentations on:
- The global health innovation challenge
- Developing countries and the health innovation challenge; lessons from a health systems approach in Kenya
The workshop builds on the ESRC Innogen Centreâ€™s work at the Open University and University of Edinburgh on Product Development Partnerships and health innovation.